[ExI] teachers

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 19:40:46 UTC 2023

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 10:17 AM efc--- via extropy-chat <

> Haha, good one! Just imagine where the lowly IT/Philosopher is on that
> list. ;)

��

> As for the quote, I think it actually was quoted by me, but was written by
> another person in a cross-mailinglist answer. We would have to go through
> the paperwork to find out the correct person.

It appears that it was something you said in an e-mail from you from 12
days ago (Sept 12) in this same thread. The following is the full
quote/context:

"Because if its a theory, that posits something we can never, in this
life or this world, confirm, I do not see how they can ever be proven.
It's the same situation as god. If its a being, and unmoved mover, that
by definition is outside our world, and doesn't affect it in any way,
its kind of a pointless theory which does not affect me, and also, by
definition, can never be proven since it forever exists outside this
world.

There is a difference here however, and I fully acknowledge that
difference. If, and only if, an experiment is devised, that does gather
uncontroversial proof of something outside this world, (but I do not see
how this could ever be) then of course the scientific community will
change its mind, and so would I.

I do warn however, that since I am not a theoretical physicist, I will
change my mind much later when someone has managed to translate the
finding and the equation into something I can understand. ;)"

I apologize for attributing this quote to you if this was not something you
wrote.

Jason