[ExI] Dyson Sphere? Why? Just move planets into Habitable Zone.

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 15:30:20 UTC 2023

Why Build Megastructures? Just Move Planets Around to Make Habitable Worlds
September 25, 2023 by Matt Williams

<https://www.universetoday.com/163245/why-build-megastructures-just-move-planets-around-to-make-habitable-worlds/>

Quote:
Dyson’s ideas were proposed at a time when astronomers were unaware of
the abundance of exoplanets in our galaxy. The first confirmed
exoplanet was not discovered until 1992, and that number has now
reached 5,514!

There are many problems with building a Dyson Sphere that are removed
by using planets instead. (See article for details).
e.g. exposing the sphere to outside cosmic rays, no protection from
solar flares, CMEs, solar wind, etc., as there would be no natural
magnetic field, no gravity, continuous illumination, etc.

They suggest that advanced civilisations wouldn't build Dyson Spheres,
We should be looking for unusual clusters of liveable planets in the
sun's habitable zone.

BillK