[ExI] Alternatives compared to Maslow’s hierarchy of needs

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 18:00:44 UTC 2023

This has gone beyond the time I am willing to spend on it.  What is needed
is a metaanalysis of each theory, which summarizes many studies done to
test the theory.  The AI did not do that.

Where there are lots of theories trying to explain something,we know that
not one of them is proven superior to the others.

I don't think we are going to find the meaning of life in these theories.
Look at the characteristics each theory advocates:  anyone can make a
similar list and give his theory a name,then look for experimental
support.  Psychology is really bad about coming up with all kinds of
theories, and poor about finding support for them.  All of them make common
sense but fail in the data area.  bill w

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 8:46 AM BillK via extropy-chat <