[ExI] a scout is human

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 22:23:00 UTC 2024

On Tue, Apr 2, 2024, 1:15 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> That presentation was scrapped.  The Mexican family we consulted designed
> a presentation, which is now the official one used by the Monterey Bay
> council.  That family is now the Monterey Bay council’s chair of LatinO
> outreach.  They had to explain to us that the term LatinO is gender
> neutral, that LatinA is gender specific, that LatinX is specifically gay.
>
> Who knew?

...that language matters?

Ironic that the inclusiveness that "latinx" tries to foster doesn't cross a
cultural divide from American english to ... likely anywhere with a strong
ethnic identity associated with language - including gendered words.

How is that pronounced, anyway?
La-tinks?  Latin-eks? La-tinsh?