[ExI] Elizier-like AI hysteria

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:41:47 UTC 2024

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.adl0625

Scroll down to the bottom where it says "eLetters": responses are allowed.
I think it would be in line with Extropy's mission to submit an organized,
coherent response to this, pointing out the numerous fallacies (starting
with, "China won't impose these controls, so if the West tries this, it's
only crippling itself and remedies for the alleged danger won't get
researched") in this forum (given the exposure this forum gets).

Unfortunately, I do not have all the information necessary to draft a
coherent response.  Would anyone else on this list like to take point on
crafting a response?  If this has to be submitted through an AAAS member,
I'd be happy to coauthor and use my membership to get it submitted.