[ExI] An article from an AI-skeptic.

Dave S snapbag at proton.me
Sat Apr 13 18:58:00 UTC 2024

Wow, that's a whole lot of words to make a simple point. I don't see any similarity between a psychic cold reading con and an interaction with an LLM.

I ask a simple or complex question and get a coherent response that's more than one would expect from statistical language generation. I'd expect a series of grammatically correct sentences that aren't coherent as a whole. How LLMs are able to generate responses that aren't just random babble mystifies me.