[ExI] after upload, what?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Feb 13 23:15:24 UTC 2024

From: Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] after upload, what?

>…So funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

>…Computationally bound copies and clones would still be an individual identity.  The same as two bound hemispheres are one individual.

You would experiment on one part of the individual, and if it failed, or crashed into the sun, or whatever, you could spin that part up and try again.

>…And I don't think anyone should worry about too many people, until at least this earth is full, I mean this solar system is full, I mean this galaxy is full.... you get the idea… Brent

Brent, if we manage to work out uploading, can you even imagine the games possible?  Perfectly evenly matched chess games, or have two copies fight to the death.  Or teams, battles and so forth.  Since everyone would look exactly like everyone else, you could pull false-flag attacks, you would never have any idea who is a spy in your midst, you could try to outsmart yourself, oh that would be a kick.  No matter who loses, you win eventually.