[ExI] jbrains again, was: RE: Early Archives... Re: Yudkowsky ‘Humanity’s remaining timeline? It looks more like five years than 50’

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 00:01:26 UTC 2024

On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 at 23:34, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024, 3:05 PM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> interconnected within
>> a networked system to form a transcendent collective intelligence.
>>
>> It could become a god, or it could just go insane.  C'est la vie!
>

> If it is fair to consider many uploaded humans as a single entity, is it fair to extend the same consideration to the multi-bodied mass of humanity that exists today?

The comparison is between a giant centralised intelligence and a giant
decentralised group of tiny intelligences.

The uploads would think faster, be tightly interconnected and share a
common knowledge database. They would be working together for goals
that we can hardly imagine.

The present mass of humanity doesn't work like that. Every individual
has their own agenda, different abilities, different knowledge, often
fighting against other humans, and generally being pretty inefficient.
That's what being human means, and why I think that uploads won't be
like humans for very long.

BillK