[ExI] Open Individualism

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 17:31:39 UTC 2024

On Sat, Jan 6, 2024, 12:20 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <

> On Sat, Jan 6, 2024 at 8:42 AM Jason Resch via extropy-chat <
>
>> On Sat, Jan 6, 2024, 10:55 AM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <

>>> This is not science.  "Open individualism" has been redefined in this
>>> very discussion, in a moving-the-goalposts fashion with no acknowledgement
>>> that said redefinition happened, when it was shown to conflict with what
>>> evidence could be mustered.
>>>

>> I think you should follow up on my replies, which you seem to have missed.
>>

> I think you are not debating in good faith, so further debating the topic
> with you is pointless.

You're doubling down on this then?

(After I provided you with clear explanation and even diagrams of how my
definitions of empty individual are equivalent?)

Well there's not much I can offer you after that.

  I will grant that you are probably not being deliberately dishonest.

I appreciate that.

Therefore, you are probably deluding yourself, so it would do you good to
> seriously consider the evidence I have presented to this end, such as
> pointing out the multiple logical fallacies you have engaged in.

I addressed your concerns in my replies. It seems to me, but correct me if
I'm wrong, that you have only recently learned about open individualism and
then philosophy of personal identity.

I have been studying, thinking about, and writing about, this subject for
many years. If I have said something without sufficient explanation, I
apologize, and I encourage you to ask questions, rather than assume the
worst about me or my intentions. That's how people learn.

Jason