[ExI] A Paranormal Prediction

Colin Hales col.hales at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 07:16:00 UTC 2024

FWIW, a bit of "progress" on EEG mind reading.

DeWave: Discrete EEG Waves Encoding for Brain Dynamics to Text Translation
 Yiqun Duan ∗ , Jinzhao Zhou, Zhen Wang, Yu-KaiWang, Chin-TengLin†

arXiv:2309.14030v2  [cs.HC]  17 Oct 2023

Abstract
"The translation of brain dynamics into natural language is pivotal for
brain-computer interfaces (BCIs). With the swift advancement of large
language models, such as ChatGPT, the need to bridge the gap between the
brain and languages becomes increasingly pressing. Current methods,
however, require eye-tracking fixations or event markers to segment brain
dynamics into word-level features, which can restrict the practical
application of these systems. To tackle these issues, we introduce a novel
framework, DeWave, that integrates discrete encoding sequences into
open-vocabulary EEG-to-text translation tasks."

A link to some commentary on the disturbing implications of true EEG
mind-reading devices:
https://futurism.com/neoscope/scientists-mind-reading-rights
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/WfVhCGvmpxhJgm4Z2UKbfmm?domain=futurism.com>
.

Not "paranormal". Not Nature or Science ..... Yet!

Cheers,
Colin

On Sun, Jan 7, 2024, 6:03 PM Kelly Anderson uvia extropy-chat <