[ExI] A Paranormal Prediction

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 16:13:14 UTC 2024

On Sat, Jan 6, 2024 at 11:34 PM Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat <

> On Sat, Jan 6, 2024 at 1:01 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> > I, too, would look to El Salvador as an example because of their bitcoin
> experience.
> >
> > And the apparently utter disaster it has been, largely due to a failure
> to win the trust of the general public.
>
> Just because something is low on the exponential curve at the present
> time doesn't mean it might not go better, then much, much better
> later. It is far too early to call El Salvador's Bitcoin experiment a
> failure due to the exponential nature of adoption.

I am given to understand the situation has reached a temporary
mostly-steady state, no longer seeing exponential increases at this time
within El Salvador.

This state can be adjusted, of course, but that seems likely to require
certain things being done differently so as to achieve better public trust.

In fact, I predict
> that now that the country has turned a 3 million dollar profit on the
> endeavor, that with the next upsurge of Bitcoin (which we may be in
> now) they could get more rapid adoption which could lead to defi type
> activities that would greatly benefit their country.

Sure, it is possible that they will suddenly revamp their policies to
address the reasons why they are not seeing widespread acceptance.  Nothing
is physically preventing them from doing so.

Nothing was physically preventing them from doing so, either - but they
haven't done it yet.

> Yet this is
> merely an interesting aside to the main original question of the
> thread.

I present it as evidence of low odds of an AI-tocracy coming to light any
time soon, and specifically of the largely unaddressed in practice problem
that is preventing such a thing.