[ExI] Speed Reading ChatGPT Output

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 21:52:43 UTC 2024

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 at 20:17, Jason Resch via extropy-chat
> Another aspect is GPT's verbosity. Good writing has no pointless words. If you speed read good writing you will skip important words, but if you speed read verbose text there will be  redundancies to compensate.
>
> Jason

I just asked a version of ChatGPT what it thought about that.  :)
Basically, it replied that you'll get what you ask for.

It agreed that normally it would answer in a conversational style, as
that is what most people like. i.e. a friendly chatty assistant.
But if you want a summary or a list of the key points rather than a
detailed explanation, just ask for that. You could also ask for brief
or concise answer, for example. And take care with the prompts and the
phrasing of your questions to get the style of answer you want.

BillK