[ExI] Open Individualism

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 00:13:05 UTC 2024

On Sun, Jan 7, 2024 at 4:56 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> If a person is someone who can have more than one experience, then what
> determines the set of experiences that person will ultimately have?
>
> I have to say that I do not understand the question.  The  only real
> answer is:  who they see, what they read, where they go, what they believe,
> and dozens more.  bill w

The topic is rather subtle and easy to miss unless one is faced with the
right kinds of problems. I might suggest reviewing the questions and
situations presented in a thead with Ben, for examples of what the problems
personal identity theories concern themselves with.

Here is the thread I am referencing:
https://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/2024-January/118737.html

Jason