[ExI] A Paranormal Prediction

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 21:30:50 UTC 2024

On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 8:39 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> [...]

That is the case, however the selection of the psychological traits
leading to wars happened when it was war against a neighboring tribe.

> War is initiated halfway across the planet b>y the political leaders, who do not themselves go to war.  Their immediate offspring do not go to war either.  So they are most optimistic about the order of battle.  They cannot lose.

That's not entirely true.  Hitler died and so did Sadam.

> The soldiers on the other hand, are not so eager to go to war, even though some of them may benefit personally.  Most lose, even those on the "winning" side.  So, our military training system has ways of influencing their "thinking."

I have made a case that the psychological mechanisms behind Stockholm
syndrome (capture bonding) are invoked in basic training.
https://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Capture-bonding

> This is far easier with younger men of course, which is why the focus of recruitment is toward 19 year olds who have not had time to form attitudes and are not adept at reasoning.
>
> All of this is in perfect agreement with the concepts of evolutionary psychology.  The behavior of both the leadership waging the war and the teenage grunts doing the dirty work is in agreement with EP.

You have not made this clear.  In any case, the selection for
psychological traits related to war mostly happened long before the
current world.

Keith