[ExI] Silicon Valley Rushes Toward AI Warfare

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 15:43:03 UTC 2024

Silicon Valley Rushes Toward Automated Warfare That Deeply Incorporates AI.
We can’t let those who will profit most from its unbridled application
make the rules for how AI should be used.

By William D. Hartung, TomDispatch, Published June 25, 2024

<https://truthout.org/articles/silicon-valley-rushes-toward-automated-warfare-that-deeply-incorporates-ai/>
Quotes:
The reasons for this headlong rush include a misplaced faith in
“miracle weapons,” but above all else, this surge of support for
emerging military technologies is driven by the ultimate rationale of
the military-industrial complex: vast sums of money to be made.
-------
AI is coming, and its impact on our lives, whether in war or peace, is
likely to stagger the imagination. In that context, one thing is
clear: we can’t afford to let the people and companies that will
profit most from its unbridled application have the upper hand in
making the rules for how it should be used.