[ExI] Bots and AI are now half of internet traffic

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 17:55:37 UTC 2024

On Fri, 5 Jul 2024 at 18:12, Kelly Anderson via extropy-chat

> Why do they always want to connect on WhatsApp??
>
> -Kelly

I've got no idea.  I don't use WhatsApp.
But Gemma 2 AI has some suggestions.  :)
BillK

Gemma 2 -
Spambots often target WhatsApp for several reasons:

Large user base: WhatsApp boasts over 2 billion users globally, making
it a prime target for reaching a wide audience.

Direct messaging: WhatsApp allows for direct, personal communication,
which spambots can exploit to appear more legitimate and build trust.

End-to-end encryption: While encryption protects user privacy, it also
makes it harder for platforms to detect and block spam messages.

Limited spam detection: Compared to email or social media platforms,
WhatsApp has less sophisticated spam detection mechanisms.

Group chats: Spambots can infiltrate group chats and spread their
messages to a larger audience quickly.

Multimedia sharing: WhatsApp allows for sharing images, videos, and
audio files, which spambots can use to spread malware or phishing
links.