[ExI] AI can create songs and write essays - Really?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 3 19:11:45 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
efc--- via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] AI can create songs and write essays - Really?

>...Fear not spike, you're note alone! I know an IM who quit chess due to
the amount of time and effort would be required for him to go from IM to GM.
When he realized that, in connection with how little money he would earn
compared with his IT consulting, he decided that enough was enough, and
devoted his time to other things instead.

Best regards,
Daniel

Well sure, but if I had made master, I would definitely keep my day job.
But I would die with a smile on my face.  I would really be in awe of
myself.

Regarding Lee Corbin, he also quit chess, with a peak rating in the mid 22s.
He was a hard core player, always down at the Mechanics Institute for the
Tuesday Night Marathons, one of the fossils at the Wedensday night local
club, the Kolty, which is a dang strong club down in Campbell.  Lee
eventually gave up chess for math.