[ExI] Maybe space exploration will be a task for AI humanoids

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 10:26:12 UTC 2024

On Mon, 24 Jun 2024 at 10:52, efc--- via extropy-chat
> What are the economics of having a space station with 1, 2, 3 and relying
> on mining ice for oxygen? Flying it in from earth is cheating, so I'd be
> curious if it would be feasible to have something permanent in space
> relying on ice being flown in, or if that is way beyond anything possible
> with today technology.

What Adrian is talking about is building in space a self-supporting
equivalent of a large town / small city.
This is far advanced beyond the technology we have at present.
The economics are horrendous. Maybe in 100 years time it might be
possible. A lot of space development and exploration will be required
before then. AI humanoids will be doing that space development and
exploration. They can live and work in space without requiring all the
protection and supplies that humans need.

BillK