[ExI] Ray Kurzweil explains how AI makes radical life extension possible

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:40:03 UTC 2024

He predicts that AI will combine with biotechnology to defeat
degenerative diseases this decade. Then things will get really
interesting.
June 25, 2024

<https://www.freethink.com/robots-ai/ray-kurzweil-ai>
Quotes:
This article is adapted from The Singularity is Nearer: When We Merge
With AI by Ray Kurzweil, published by Viking. Copyright © 2024 by Ray
Kurzweil.

Fortunately, during the 2020s we are entering the second bridge:
combining artificial intelligence and biotechnology to defeat these
degenerative diseases. We have already progressed beyond using
computers just to organize information about interventions and
clinical trials. We are now utilizing AI to find new drugs, and by the
end of this decade, we will be able to start the process of augmenting
and ultimately replacing slow, underpowered human trials with digital
simulations. In effect we are in the process of turning medicine into
an information technology, harnessing the exponential progress that
characterizes these technologies to master the software of biology.