[ExI] Ray Kurzweil explains how AI makes radical life extension possible

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 19:49:29 UTC 2024

On Tue, 25 Jun 2024 at 16:10, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

>> by the
>> end of this decade, we will be able to start the process of augmenting
>> and ultimately replacing slow, underpowered human trials with digital
>> simulations.
>

> The problem of AI hallucinations needs to be fixed before their simulations can be clinically trusted, which makes this prediction unlikely.

The general view seems to be that there is no instant fix for AI
hallucinations. But every improved version of AI should get better at
avoiding hallucinations.
New versions of AI are now appearing at quite a fast rate.
Some people are predicting better than human intelligence before 2030.
After that happens, predictions like Kurzweil makes become unpredictable.  :)

BillK