[ExI] interesting take on nuclear power

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 04:07:58 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 7:56 PM spike jones via extropy-chat

> I think Reason has it mostly right:
>
> https://reason.com/video/2024/03/05/the-political-sabotage-of-nuclear-power/
>
> Most of us here realize that nuclear fission is likely to make a comeback in the foreseeable, and have the sophistication to calculate why it must.  I see this as a good thing.

I have no confidence in nuclear fission.  Think about it in the
background of this list.  We are most likely only a few years from the
singularity.  Do you really think "the powers that be" would bother
with fission in a world where they can grow PV like Kudzu?

Keith

PS.  If they did, most of the objections such as cancer would be gone
in a world of nanotech medicine.  But why would they bother?