[ExI] trump

Kelly Anderson postmowoods at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 16:52:12 UTC 2024

That's very interesting.

I know most of us here are old enough to remember the debacle of Bush
v. Gore where the Supreme Court picked the president. So while the
Supreme Court might not have the right to do certain things, they have
done them before, and who's to say that they are wrong? The
Constitution definitely gives them some rights, and if you'll recall:

"Marbury v. Madison is a landmark Supreme Court case in United States
law with significant implications for the balance of power between the
branches of government. In 1803, the Supreme Court ruled that it had
the power of judicial review, meaning it could declare acts of
Congress unconstitutional. This decision established the principle of
judicial review in the United States, empowering the judiciary as a
check on the legislative and executive branches. It solidified the
role of the Supreme Court as the final interpreter of the
Constitution, shaping the system of checks and balances within the
government. This case is often cited as a cornerstone of American
constitutional law and has had a profound impact on the development of
the U.S. legal system."

Or so says ChatGPT, which is correct in this case. That was one of the
greatest power grabs in the history of these United States, and it was
a big oversight of the writers of the Constitution not to give SCOTUS
this right out of the gate.

-Kelly

On Sat, Mar 9, 2024 at 9:12 AM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat