[ExI] interesting take on nuclear power

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 20:59:00 UTC 2024

On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 at 19:12, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> It is not the case that AGI has replaced 95% of marketers today.  Therefore, it seems logical to take the quote as a prediction that, perhaps, 95% will be replaced 5 years from now.  (Otherwise it's a prediction that 95% will be replaced with no timestamp, which could be in 100 or 1,000 years.)

Altman is talking about two different entities.
AGI does not exist at present and may not exist for about another 5 years.

The simpler AI that we have now has already started replacing white
collar jobs and may eventually replace 95% of white-collar jobs.
<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-04/jpmorgan-s-ai-aided-cashflow-model-can-cut-manual-work-by-90>
JPMorgan’s AI-Aided Cashflow Model Can Cut Manual Work by 90%.

That simpler AI will be developed over the next five years and is
expected to lead to the creation of AGI.
(Human-level Artificial General Intelligence).
<https://www.firstpost.com/tech/human-level-artificial-general-intelligence-possible-in-3-8-years-claims-top-ai-scientist-13746719.html>
Human-level Artificial General Intelligence in 3-8 years, claims
scientist at Beneficial AGI Summit (Ben Goertzel).

Once AGI is developed in about five years time, it could thereafter
lead fairly quickly to the Singularity.

BillK