[ExI] [Extropolis] Re: uploads etc.

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 18:43:54 UTC 2024

On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 11:01 AM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 5:29 PM Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Keith, I like your story. I liked it a lot. You should make it easily available so people can read it online.

https://www.terasemjournals.org/GNJournal/GN0202/henson1.html

It's been up on Martine Rothblatt's Terasem site since 2007.  Google
for "clinic seed" will usually find it.  I don't remember if they put
in the illustrations or I did.  The story is a chapter in a larger
work where there are not many people left in the world.  That chapter
is to explain where the people went in a depopulated world.

It's got a bunch of minor typos.  I should ask Martine if I can fix them.

> Or you could use ElevenLabs to convert it to audio and make it sound like it was recited by a professional actor with a voice that has some gravitas and gives whatever it reads some dramatic flair.

My son in law is a professional voice actor.  He did the voice over
for Beamed Energy Bootstrapping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEkZkINrJaA

> Maybe then you could even sell it to audible.

Possible I suppose.  It has held up fairly well for a SF story that old.

Keith