[ExI] to hold or not to hold

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 25 23:23:08 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

>>... Does anyone here know if moving to Florida is a viable option for Wall Street stock and securities trading?  ...
> spike

>...I think that the speed of connection mostly applies to high-frequency traders, who want their computers to be as close to the stockmarket computers as possible. Preferably in the same building. For HFT, micro seconds matter, milliseconds is too slow.

BillK

Ja.  So is New York inherently better than West Palm Beach Florida because of geography?  And really where I am going with this: Is Florida a viable alternative to New York for the financial hub of the USA?  If I can convince myself that it is, I am compelled to hold the Florida property for now.

Power corrupts.  The New York Attorney General was handed the power to seize property for overestimating its value, even after the entire loan was paid off and the bank showed up assuring the court that it lost no money.  The "crime" had no victims.  But New York could seize every building forming the skyline by that reasoning, cram it with homeless people.