[ExI] libertarians nominate none of these

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Mar 27 13:59:32 UTC 2024

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Rivera <hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu>
Cc: spike at rainier66.com
Subject: Re: [ExI] libertarians nominate none of these

> On Mar 26, 2024, at 10:06 PM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>
>>... If all drugs are legal, they soon get mixed with pharmaceuticals, as opium did in the 19th century.

>...I don’t buy this. This is a current problem now with black market drug purity. Crap gets mixed in or outright is substituted for what people are seeking.

>...-Henry

Ja, a big part of the drug problem I understand is that cheap fentanyl is mixed with a lot of more expensive stuff.

Henry, where the USA is going now is that even if we do not choose libertarianism, libertarianism will choose us, whether we like it or not.  Our congress has demonstrated it cannot control its budget and doesn't really have the will to do it.  That means in the easily foreseeable, the government cannot afford many or most of the services it is currently buying.

When the Social Security fund is exhausted and reverts to Pay As You Go, we will take a hard look at whether border enforcement is still needed if it means starving existing citizens.  Same with Food and Drug administration.  Same with all those departments at the federal level.  Henry I don't understand Spanish, but you do.  Even to me, a non-speaker, it is clear enough to me what is happening in this video:

https://www.ansa.it/sito/videogallery/mondo/2023/11/20/argentina-quando-milei-annuncio-la-cancellazione-di-11-ministeri_2aed0acc-ba90-4100-a332-7722d124162e.html

In about ten years, the USA will get someone like Milei in charge, and we will remember what gentle lambs these current leaders were.