[ExI] Space Mining

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 18:38:02 UTC 2024

I think I have mentioned this before https://htyp.org/Mining_Asteroids

"This article provides a rough analysis of mining an asteroid for gold
and other high-value elements (platinum group metals) for return to an
Earth market. Given serious bootstrapping at an asteroid and the
development of low-cost transport to GEO in the context of a power
satellite or similar very large operations in space, it appears an
asteroid-mining project could make money beyond the wildest dreams of
avarice."

12 years ago.

I should update it.

Keith

On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 5:21 AM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat