[ExI] Bots and AI are now half of internet traffic

Samantha sjatkins at protonmail.com
Fri May 10 01:34:38 UTC 2024

I am curious what all is counted as a "bot".  For instance if they are
counting all computer-computer interaction I would expect the percentage
to be that high or higher.  If they are limiting it to social media bots
I find the number quite unlikely.   The article casts the bots as bad
and mentions account takeover which sounds more like a botnet.    In
short it is a bit of a hodgepodge designed to elicit more fear than
insight as far as I can tell.

- samantha