[ExI] Why create something if AI can do better in a few minutes?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 22 18:01:25 UTC 2024

Are you suffering from AI-induced creative paralysis?
Why make anything when AI can make it better, faster and cheaper?
Mike Elgan     May 22, 2024

<https://machinesociety.ai/p/are-you-suffering-from-ai-induced-8be>

Quotes:
The lightning-fast pace of AI progress is… depressing. Wait, what?
The new malady of the moment is something I call “AI-induced creative
paralysis.”

Here’s the problem: Generative AI tools like ChatGPT emerged suddenly
and improved rapidly. Sure, the chatbots hallucinate and the AI image
generators can’t count human fingers. But any thoughtful person can
conclude that it’s only a matter of years or months before AI performs
perfectly.

Once this conclusion is reached, content creators, actors,
entrepreneurs and developers are asking themselves: What’s the point?

Why should a student study photography when before graduation, genAI
tools will be able to produce perfect pictures on any subject in
seconds?

And so on........
This article hopes that there might be laws to stop AI copying your
creations, and maybe people might prefer human-created stuff.
But that sounds like wishful thinking to me.

BillK