[ExI] Birth of universe's earliest galaxies observed for first time

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu May 23 19:31:25 UTC 2024

Birth of universe's earliest galaxies observed for first time
by University of Copenhagen   May 23, 2024

<https://phys.org/news/2024-05-birth-universe-earliest-galaxies.html>

Quotes:
Using the James Webb Space Telescope, University of Copenhagen
researchers have become the first to see the formation of three of the
earliest galaxies in the universe, more than 13 billion years ago. The
sensational discovery contributes important knowledge about the
universe and is now published in Science.

According to the researcher, the new knowledge contributes to
answering one of humanity's most basic questions.

"One of the most fundamental questions that we humans have always
asked is 'Where do we come from?' Here, we piece together a bit more
of the answer by shedding light on the moment that some of the
universe's first structures were created. It is a process that we'll
investigate further, until hopefully, we are able to fit even more
pieces of the puzzle together," concludes Associate Professor Brammer.