[ExI] A test of the US constitution

Ben Zaiboc benzaiboc at proton.me
Sat Sep 19 08:07:45 UTC 2026


Trump's most recent attempt to restrict the freedom of the press, prompted this in a news report about it today (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6e30580jqjpo):

'A major group that provides legal services to the media - the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press - said it expected Trump's ban to be struck down quickly by the courts because it was "flatly unconstitutional".'

I previously asked on here:
>> ...I'd like to know who/what actually enforces the constitution...
>>
And spike answered:
> The Supreme Court.


Ok then. So with this latest development, we have a good test-bed to see if the constitution is really being eroded / being given the run-around, or not.

If this press ban in the white house is struck down quickly by the courts, the constitution wins. If not, and by whatever means (including delaying tactics), the ban takes effect, even temporarily, we have clear evidence that the constitution is losing against Trump.

I hope you're right, spike, and the constitution wins.

-- 
Ben



More information about the extropy-chat mailing list