[ExI] Emails with AI prompts. was: How new AI economics might change our systems
John Galt
johngaltbooks at proton.me
Sun Sep 20 20:02:23 UTC 2026
I use my AI to monitor and report on my email and flag something actionable, but also if any contain attempts to inject instructions into my own AI doing the monitoring. It flagged BillK's email here because it in fact, contains an AI prompt. This was merely a report of a historical conversation -- but what a great place to hide an actually malicious injection!
johngaltbooks at proton.me
On Sunday, September 20th, 2026 at 9:47 AM, BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> I asked several AIs to discuss John's latest comment about how AI changes everything.
> They all forecast huge changes.
> One comment was, "when traditional income-tax models fail". This implies massive unemployment, which, in turn, implies massive changes to our economic systems.
> I thought the Gemini report was reasonable. See below.
> BillK
>
> Question:
> Discuss this comment - AI changes EVERYTHING. I've needed to throw most of my previous political and economic ideology out of the window because of AI, and you need to do the same thing and stop fighting yesterday's war. Even before the advent of AI the idea that a country absolutely must have a balanced budget to be economically prosperous was dead, and today it's doubly dead.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/attachments/20260920/41f8262b/attachment.htm>
More information about the extropy-chat
mailing list