[ExI] i don't know about llms, but I am feeling the pain was: RE: Do LLMs feel pain?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Sep 24 17:59:08 UTC 2026


 

 

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of spike jones via extropy-chat
…

 

 

 

>…Jason, this article is disconcerting for reasons unrelated to its subject.  It was a cool idea and all, however… there is a dead giveaway that this paper was mostly AI generated, with little human input.

 

>…Hint 1: it is on page 5.

 

>…  Not only are we breathing our own fumes, AI is breathing its own fumes, which previously whoofed ours.  spike

 

 

 

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2609.16247 

 

OK perhaps I am uncharitable.  Or I’m just being a grumpy bear today.

 

BillK, pls offer this pain paper to your favorite AIs and ask specifically what that equation on page 5 is claiming.  Ask if the paper defines the variables and does an adequate job of proving the equation.  I am claiming no and no.  That is the kind of mistake an AI would make but a human researcher would not.

 

spike

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.extropy.org/pipermail/extropy-chat/attachments/20260924/ae41157a/attachment.htm>


More information about the extropy-chat mailing list