<div dir="auto">Ja, however they still will not be prosecuted for what they write.  The Constitution did what it says.  So if CNN is being excluded for writing negative stories, their best revenge is to write more negative stories.  That'll fix him!  <div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I will note however that looking at the ratings suggests that CNN has become mostly irrelevant anyway.  I see no reason why they think they should have WH access forever just because they remember the days before X when they were relevant.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">spike</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep 19, 2026, 1:06 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <<a href="mailto:extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org">extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On Saturday, 19 September 2026 at 19:02, <a href="mailto:spike@rainier66.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">spike@rainier66.com</a> <<a href="mailto:spike@rainier66.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">spike@rainier66.com</a>> wrote:<br>
<br>
> <br>
> ...> On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat<br>
> <br>
> >...If the ban has come into effect, then the constitution is not being upheld...<br>
> --<br>
> Ben<br>
> <br>
> _______________________________________________<br>
> <br>
> <br>
> Ben, no press organization has the right to access to the White House press briefings.  They  have the right to publish whatever they want without being prosecuted.  Otherwise you and I could claim the right to access the White House press briefings.  I have never received an invitation.  I'll sue!  Or I'll recognize that claiming to be press doesn't result in more rights than any other prole.<br>
<br>
<br>
This is not about not being invited, it's about being ejected when they already had access. Being ejected purely because someone doesn't like what they are saying.<br>
<br>
I would have thought that comes under the heading of 'restricting the press', and so is a violation of the first amendment.<br>
<br>
If the president allows access for the organisations that write favourable reports about him, and expels those that don't, isn't that restricting the press? If not, the term has a very narrow, and not very useful, meaning.<br>
<br>
Yes, they can write what they like, but this is a case of them being denied access to the information they would write about. It has the same effect as censoring what they write.<br>
<br>
---<br>
Ben<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
extropy-chat mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org</a><br>
<a href="http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat</a><br>
</blockquote></div>