<div dir="ltr">Yes, anyone can be part of "the press" merely by publishing. ("Press" comes from having a printing press -- which we all have at our fingertips with our e-mail clients and online lists).<div><br></div><div>Jason</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep 19, 2026 at 2:14 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <<a href="mailto:extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org">extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: extropy-chat <<a href="mailto:extropy-chat-bounces@lists.extropy.org" target="_blank">extropy-chat-bounces@lists.extropy.org</a>> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat<br>
...<br>
> _______________________________________________<br>
><br>
>> As I read it, the constitution guarantees that we cannot be prosecuted by the government for what we say or write.  It doesn't guarantee anyone access to the White House, just because they write.  Evidence: I write.  I have never been invited to a press conference... spike<br>
<br>
>...They are - and you are not - part of the press... Adrian<br>
<br>
On the contrary.  You and I are publishing right now.  Do explain pls why CNN is doing anything different from what we are doing.<br>
<br>
spike<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
extropy-chat mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org" target="_blank">extropy-chat@lists.extropy.org</a><br>
<a href="http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat</a><br>
</blockquote></div>