[Paleopsych] attribution theory

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 19:36:31 UTC 2004

>>Attribution theory distinguishes whether such events
are caused by the self or the environment, and the
individual is seen to be "responsible" for events
attributed to the self (internal attribution) and not
responsible for events attributed to the external
environment (external attribution).<<

--What would one call a theory dealing with the
boundary between self and world, and how that boundary
can become slippery, fuzzy or subsumed into a
wholeness?

Also interesting are the neurological mapping
experiments which show conscious 'willing' happens
after unconscious processing, i.e. we don't make
decisions, we explain them, to ourselves and others,
after something beneath awareness has made the
decision for us. We find ourselves, rather than
determining ourselves. What factors determine whether
an individual becomes self-directing or develops some
confusion or entanglement between self and other?