[Paleopsych] Email Never Dies [was] So Long, Elevator Friends

K.E. guavaberry at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 21:06:06 UTC 2004

Dear Frank,

I salute you!

I feel that you are 1 in a zillion to say this outloud on a list.

In my deep appreciation for all that you do i'd like to remind you that:

1. email never dies
2. you never know where it goes
3. be prepared to read this in a newspaper with your name on it
4. protect your privacy
5. email steve off list with personal opinions that are "Key Word" personal
6. you are not obliged to explain
7. email never dies
8. keep fighting the good fight!

9. Can I quote you???   <:-)

best,
karen

At 02:20 PM 7/27/2004, you wrote:
>As it happens, the bureaucracy I work for, namely the U.S. Department of
>Education, does nothing useful at all, except give jobs to educrats. I've
>been working the section that evaluates E.D. programs for 19 years, and
>not a single evaluation study has shown that an E.D. program has improved
>learning. And that from trying very hard to find evidence, bypassing the
>usual scruples of data analysis that would get pass peer review in a
>social science journal. But Congress keeps appropriating the money.
>
>There are useful bureaucracies, to be sure, but one is totally
>disconnected from reality, the clinical definition of psychosis, to
>believe in E.D. in the teeth of evidence to the contrary.
>
>We are not at all in disagreement, unless of course you have information
>that shows the efficacy of E.D. programs. The fact stands as of now that
>those with the means and the greatest interest of showing such efficacy
>have failed to do so.
>
>Frank

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
The Educational CyberPlayGround
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/

National Children's Folksong Repository
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Culdesac/Repository/NCFR.html

Hot List of Schools Online and
Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

7 Hot Site Awards
New York Times, USA Today , MSNBC, Earthlink,
USA Today Best Bets For Educators, Macworld Top Fifty