[Paleopsych] Welcome to News-Digests.Com

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Wed Jun 30 18:22:04 UTC 2004

Welcome to News-Digests.Com
http://www.news-digests.com/

[I take RRND and send articles from it regularly, too regularly, I think,
since I don't think many of them do much other than to offer redundant
confirmation of what I believe. Check out the other ones, which cover the
news from different viewpoints. And send anything to me to circulate to my
lists. My big problem is that the left does more shouting injustice than
offering substance. I'm not a twentieth-century egalitarian, so such
shouts don't interest me. But someone combing through these other digests
could offer us a service. But no 2nd Amendment stuff. It is basically an
issue of attitude rather than one of facts: so many thousand extra deaths
by firearms in this country a year is a small price to pay for the
right to arm ourselves to the teeth.

[Regards the factual claims: each side has their own experts and each side
claims the other side only blanks out when confronted with their experts.
This is so for many other issues of the day, like global warming. It is
not true for innate racial differences in intelligence. There are no data-
driven, positive arguments *FOR* racial equality. Carl Degler reported
finding none in his book _In Search of Human Nature_.

[An old legal adage: when you have the facts, argue the facts. If you
don't, argue the law. If you don't have the law, pound on the table. My
working epistemology is that those who don't have the facts and have
the wherewithal and every incentive to collect them are probably afraid to
collect them. The evidence may be upsetting.]

                                  RRND loog
                         Rational Review News Digest
                                    (RRND)

                   Subscribe to RRND's daily email edition
                             ____________________
                                  Subscribe
     Rational Review News Digest is our flagship publication, originally
    (and still) published as a service of [6]Rational Review, the premier
    web journal of libertarian politics and culture. Edited by the [7]RRND
                                    staff.
                                  CANDi logo
                      Conservative American News Digest
                                   (CANDi)

                   Subscribe to CANDi's daily email edition
                             ____________________
                                  Subscribe
    Conservative American News Digest includes news, commentary and events
        of interest to a conservative audience. One-stop shopping for
    21st-century Republicans and Old Rightists alike. Edited by [9]Thomas
                                  L. Knapp.
                         Progressive News Digest logo
                           Progressive News Digest
                                    (PND)

                   Subscribe to PND's weekly email edition
                             ____________________
                                  Subscribe
      Progressive News Digest caters to a Green and Left-liberal market
      niche with "the best of the left" in news, commentary and events.
                        Edited by [11]Steve Trinward.
                         Second Amendment News Digest
                                    (2AM)

                   Subscribe to 2AM's weekly email edition
                             ____________________
                                  Subscribe
    Second Amendment News Digest is intended for an audience which values
      its Right to Keep and Bear Arms. The latest in gun rights news and
                 commentary. Edited by [13]Mary Lou Seymour.
                Election News Digest logo Election News Digest
                                    (END)

                   Subscribe to END's weekly email edition
                                  Subscribe
     Election News Digest covers voting and election issues: Candidates,
    races, initiatives, voting methods and controversies, etc. Web edition
    updated daily, email edition published weekly. Edited by [15]Thomas L.
                                    Knapp.

     Coming Soon: Anarchist News Digest (AND), Extra Sports and Athletic
                       News Digest (EXSPAND) and more.