[Paleopsych] electile dysfunction

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 4 05:18:32 UTC 2004

On health care, I don't see any need to go to a single payer system,
although we do need a national initiative to fill in the gaps- the 45
million uninsured.

We also need to take a very hard look at the cost of "health" care,
which goes up without end.  My premiums have doubled in the last
year.  Why?  I favor a national audit of where the money is going.
I feel that monopoly power has something to do with it.

We also need to look at the care that is being provided.  I have
recently read Dean Ornish's latest book on heart disease, and many
studies indicate that bypasses and angioplasty's are temporary
fixes at best.  We need to look into the promiscuous prescribing
of a host of medications that are very expensive.  Perhaps the
government needs to finance neighborhood clinics staffed with
Nurse Practitioners to provide basic care to anyone who walks in.