[Paleopsych] electile dysfunction

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Thu Nov 4 05:45:14 UTC 2004

Val, your point is well taken. The support troops qualify on the M-16 in
basic training, and then hardly ever fire their weapon. It is a
scandal.  With fluid battle situations and no front lines, everyone
should be highly skilled with infantry weapons.
    I liked the M-14, the weapon I originally qualified on. Big, heavy,
with a .30 round that could knock down a water buffalo. But it could not
be fired full-auto, so we went to the M-16 (.223 round) . Light, nice to
carry, not as noisy, but not a good combat weapon, not as good as the
old M-14. We probably should have copied the klashnikov and stayed with
a .30 round (7.62 mm). If I were the king I would do just that. the
AK-47 is a splendid weapon. The soviet system may have been dumb, but
they did amazing things with their weapons. I appreciate the fascinating
story about your father.  And I find your posts consistently insightful
and informative.
Lynn Johnson