[Paleopsych] The prefection of democracy

Geraldine Reinhardt waluk at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 10 16:58:34 UTC 2004

I think most Americans, especially those who don't use computers on a daily
basis or who don't own one, like the idea of being "up to date".  They feel
a sense of pride and accomplishment when they complete their ballot via
machine and smug when they view another voter experiencing some difficulty
with the "new" technology.

A paper trail, similar to a readout tape on an adding machine, sounded good
in theory but too costly to implement especially when less than 2% of the
voting public actually used a paper ballot .   As I mentioned previously, in
my precinct, only 5 people had requested a paper ballot.  This proved to be
a bit annoying for me since there were 5 voting machines for the majority of
voters, and 1 voting booth for those wishing a paper ballot.  That could
have been one reason why the voting lines were so long.

It's humorous that you claim the majority in Congress were put there by
voting fraud.  I wonder if they know who they are?

If the purpose of a democracy is to allow everyone, regardless of race and
sex,  the right to vote, then we may have achieved our goal, perfect or not.

Gerry Reinhart-Waller
Independent Scholar
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~waluk