[Paleopsych] left/right

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 20:39:34 UTC 2004

>>Living wage laws -- government imposed -- reduce
the number of jobs to low income people, hurting the
ones you pretend  to help. This is well known.<<

--I think it's assumed, not "well known". What kind of
sample was studied in making that determination?

>>More people out of work. More people in misery.
Sounds like a typical left wing bit of nonsense.<<

--Countered by a typical bit of right wing nonsense,
apparently. A lot of people let ideology govern their
thinking, rather than an actual analysis of what
happens when variables are changed in a society. It
requires humility, because in any multi-variable
system, changing one variable can unexpectedly affect
others, and it's all experimental. There is no
shortage of people with opinions, willing to impose
their opinions on the entire system, and the fallout
from such experimentation can be tragic. Everyone is
SO certain their hypothesis is correct, and so
unwilling to step down to the street level to see the
effects of their decisions up close.