[Paleopsych] Re: Disinfopedia

HowlBloom at aol.com HowlBloom at aol.com
Sat Nov 27 05:42:21 UTC 2004

In a message dated 11/26/2004 8:00:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
shovland at mindspring.com writes:
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Disinfopedia
This looks like a very useful site.  But there's a conundrum.  The Center For
Media and Democracy is a special interest group with a prejudged and
premeditated point of view.  It's also a public relations machine.  A successful one.

I've met with its head.  He does not want to hear what Michael Lockhart
identified as hypotheses. He was among those who did not want to hear about
black-on-black genocide in the 1980s, when I tried to get him to focus on it.  That
genocide escalated in the 1990s.  It was the Hutu-Tutsi conflict.

The Center for Media & Democracy and its allies ruled out any of the coverage
that could have stopped the Hutu-Tutsi conflict in its early stages and could
have saved close to a million lives.  The Center has very strong allies in
the media and those allies also insisted that giving attention to the Hutus and
Tutsis was politically unacceptable.

The folks at The Center for Media and Democracy want only to hear voices that
agree with their point of view--the "progressive" point of view, a set of
social cliches policed by ostracism.

Granted that we all want to hear our point of view or what supports it, once
we get away from corporations and government agencies--whose media
manipulations should be made as transparent as possible--shouldn't we also have watchdogs
watching those who claim to be watchers?  Howard

----------
Howard Bloom
Author of The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition Into the Forces of
History and Global Brain: The Evolution of Mass Mind From The Big Bang to the
21st Century
Visiting Scholar-Graduate Psychology Department, New York University; Core
Faculty Member, The Graduate Institute
www.howardbloom.net
www.bigbangtango.net
Founder: International Paleopsychology Project; founding board member: Epic
of Evolution Society; founding board member, The Darwin Project; founder: The
Big Bang Tango Media Lab; member: New York Academy of Sciences, American
Association for the Advancement of Science, American Psychological Society, Academy
of Political Science, Human Behavior and Evolution Society, International
Society for Human Ethology; advisory board member: Youthactivism.org; executive
editor -- New Paradigm book series.
For information on The International Paleopsychology Project, see:
www.paleopsych.org
for two chapters from
The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition Into the Forces of History,
see www.howardbloom.net/lucifer
For information on Global Brain: The Evolution of Mass Mind from the Big Bang
to the 21st Century, see www.howardbloom.net