[Paleopsych] Human Bar Codes

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Sun Sep 12 15:17:19 UTC 2004

I just read _Revelation: God's Word for the Biblically-Inept_, by Daymond
R. Duck. It's the first time I've read Revelation carefully, with this
300+ page book as a guide. It takes the pre-millenarian line, which is
one of four major interpretations of the book, and a pre-tribulationist
stance within this interpretation.

Anyhow, during the Tribulation period, the unfaithful will wear the Mark
of the Beast, and it's suggested that human barcodes will be the way it's
done.

Actually, the various commentators, like Hal Lindsey (author of _The Late,
Great Planet Earth_), who are liberally quoted in the book, are more than
a bit inconsistent. The pre-trib, pre-mill line has it that the true
Christians will be raptured to heaven *before* the seven-year Tribulation
period begins. Since that manifestly has not happened yet, it makes no
sense to speak of barcodes and events that will be taking place during the
seven-year period.

The book was extremely entertaining, nevertheless.

Frank

On 2004-09-12, K.E. opined [message unchanged below]: