[Paleopsych] why the next year is critical

Steve shovland at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 13 13:28:03 UTC 2004

Personally, I don't think that manned space flight
is a critical issue.  Even unmanned flight has a
dubious future.

A growing network of fiberoptic cables will make
communication satellites unnecessary, and I
haven't seen any dramatic contributions to daily
life arise from research done in space.

I do think our economy is deteriorating because
of outsourcing and an upward-tilted distribution
of income.

I worked in a manufacturing company
for 10 years, and I think that people who don't
object to the export of manufacturing simply
don't know what is being lost.

The contention that it is simply the jobs of the past
that are going overseas is totally insane.  Any job
that is not simply abolished is a job of the present
and of the future as well.

If people are going to wear shoes in the future,
then shoe-making is a job of the future.