[Paleopsych] Magic City Morning Star: New Maine House Bill Would Protect Fetuses Carrying the 'Gay Gene'

Premise Checker checker at panix.com
Sat Apr 2 15:59:02 UTC 2005

New Maine House Bill Would Protect Fetuses Carrying the 'Gay Gene'
http://magic-city-news.com/article_3173.shtml
By IPR
Feb 22, 2005, 19:02

AUGUSTA -- Rep. Brian Duprey (R-Hampden) has submitted a bill to the
State Legislature to shield potentially homosexual fetuses from
discrimination. LD 908, "An Act to Protect Homosexuals from
Discrimination," attempts to protect homosexuals from death because they
might carry the gene that could lead to homosexuality.

This bill as drafted would make it a crime to abort an unborn child if
that child is determined to be carrying the "homosexual gene." Duprey
said that no such genetic marker has yet been discovered. But
considering rapid advancements in genetic mapping research, he wants
legislation in place should such a breakthrough occur. "If the
homosexual gene is ever determined to exist," he said, "I want to ensure
that a woman could not abort an unborn child simply because that child
is determined to be carrying this gene."

Duprey received the idea for this bill when listening to the Rush
Limbaugh radio show. "I heard Rush saying that the day the 'gay gene' is
determined to be real, that overnight gays would become pro-life,"
Duprey said.

"Most people would agree that to kill someone just because that person
might be gay would constitute a hate crime," said Duprey. "I have heard
from women who told me that if they found out that they were carrying a
child with the gay gene, then they would abort. I think this is wrong.
Those unborn children should be protected."

Rep. Duprey is serving in his third term representing the towns of
Hampden, Newburgh and Dixmont. He is the lead Republican on the Labor
Committee.