[Paleopsych] thought and genes

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 3 19:03:12 UTC 2005

Nicholes Perricone (p 30 of Perricone Promise)
notes that neuropeptides seem to be the "stuff
of thought."  Thought is materially expressed
in these chemicals.  There are receptors for
these chemicals in many types of cells, and
one might assume that when neuropeptides
attach to cells they affect the expression of
the genes.