[Paleopsych] liberal academia

Michael Christopher anonymous_animus at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 18:43:45 UTC 2005

>>Apparently, now that they can't attack John Kerry or
gay marriage, the right-wing media machine and its
 followers in state governments have trained their
sights on a next-most favored whipping boy, the
university professor.<<

--It seems like the conservative platform has moved so
far to the right that anything mainstream seems
"liberal". If a professor teaches evolution, that's
hardly extreme, yet it is portrayed as one-sided, as
if creationism were mainstream science. A professor
who teaches the history of the US in a balanced way
will seem "ultra-liberal" to someone who thinks
balance means covering up everything embarrassing or
painful about one's own country. Sociology and
psychology may be avoided by conservatives who view
them as "fuzzy" fields. How many professors start out
conservative and become more liberal as they learn
more about their field? I've met quite a few
conservative Christians who gradually became more
liberal and secular as they grew out of their
childhood beliefs.