[Paleopsych] Stuff (NZ): Babies are not conscious in the womb

Nicholas Bannan n.j.c.bannan at reading.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 09:09:39 UTC 2005

This view of foetal experience would not seem consisent with the several
exciting studies (Woodward; Shetler; Lecanuet; Lamont; etc.) that illustrate
that music first experienced in the womb is recognised by infants; and other
studies that suggest a similar early priming for language.  I am not sure
that the environment of slaughterhouses is the lynchpin of this issue.

NB