[Paleopsych] Lipids, depression and suicide

Lynn D. Johnson, Ph.D. ljohnson at solution-consulting.com
Thu Apr 21 00:50:27 UTC 2005

Barbara Tuchman's well-known A Distant Mirror characterized the 13th
Century as a time likewise very high in rate of change. Generally, human
societies often change rapidly, and the notion that we change more than
others is probably a mistake. That said, it is possible that the
structure of belief in the 13th Century did buffer the stress from the
changes. Clearly, a belief in God is empirically related to better
coping, lower stress, and so forth.
Lynn